Restore my system using a "backup file" instead of copying the whole program
Once you have created two separate databases, there is no way of re-combining them. If you wish to switch between different computers and retain all client records whichever machine you are working on, simply take a backup file from computer A and restore it onto computer B and vice versa whenever you switch machines.
The backup files are already stored as single zipped files in the Asyra Pro/QEST4 Backups directory. You don’t need to copy all the files from Data. To make a backup available to restore on your new machine, make sure you copy it into the Asyra Pro/Backups directory on that machine.
A video link below is listed to demonstrate the process listed below:
- In C: Qest/Asyra folder locate the Backup folder
- Select which backup versions you want to save externally
- Move ‘Backup 888888.888888.cab’ to external drive or desktop
- Delete old software program
- Download new setup software
- Open NEW C: Qest/Asyra program
- Paste Backup files into the backup folder
- Launch your system software
- Upper left corner select File -> Restore Database
- Select the file you want to load - everything after that date will be gone from this software
- Click Restore and wait 2 minutes
- System will close
- Restart your program - check for client files, custom products, and created tests. Done
Here is a 5-minute video to help you create a backup the file and restore in a new software program.