Installation on a Hardwire System: Step by Step Guide
This is for systems that plug into the computer using the USB cable.
You need to install updates from Microsoft for your computer. Left-click on the Windows Start button, and then click on the settings icon. A screen should pop up titled, “Windows Settings.” Click on Update and Security.Look for Windows Update and double-click on it. Follow the instructions to install all updates that are not optional. Now re-boot your computer.
Note: You have to repeat this process until there are no new updates available (optional updates may still be available).
If you have a hardwire unit: It is very important your Qest4 software is using version 220.127.116.11 or newer for proper function of the software. When you open your software you will be prompted to update to this version (or newer). Be sure to do the complete update.
Insert the Qest4 USB Flash Drive into a USB port on your computer. A pop up window should appear asking, “What you would like to do?”
- You want to open folder to view files; then double click on FTDIDriver_Setup.exe
- A window should pop up asking if “You want to allow this app to make changes on your device?”
- Click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install.
- Your file folder should still be open showing the contents of the Qest4 Flash Drive. You will want to click on the Qest4.setup logo and follow the on-screen prompts to install.
- On the Qest4 hardware, press and hold the ON/OFF button until after the first beep…then release (if you hold the button till you hear the second beep, it will turn off).
- Note: If you have the charger plugged into the Qest4 hardware it will not power up.
- Congratulations! You have just successfully installed the Qest4 software interface. Double-click on the Qest4 icon on your desktop. The password is “qest4g” if needed, though it should auto-populate.