Web Update: Details and Expectations
Are updates automatic?
- Yes. If your computer is connected to the internet, the software will check to see if there is a more current version. If there is, you will be asked if you want to update. You can select yes or no. If you choose not to update, the software will open and you can test as usual. You will then be prompted to update again the next time you open the software.
How long does an update take?
- If the update is only an “application” update it will be less than a few minutes (depending on your internet connection)
- If the update includes the “database” it will take longer. Possibly 10 minutes (depending on your internet connection).
- If an “application” and “database” update are both available be sure to do them at the same time.
What if I am not prompted to update but I know I am not on the latest version of software?
How often should I expect automatic updates?
- We do quarterly updates for Master List changes. This would include spelling corrections, expanded definitions, updated product lines and similar things along those lines. These are done as “database” updates. Usually this will be in March, June, September and December
- We have one update each year that includes major feature changes. This will usually be done in July or August, but is subject to change. This will usually be an “application” and “database” update.
- There will be various other updates as needed for minor software fixes.
How will I know what is included in the update?
- There is a Web Update report included with each update. This can be found under the “File” tab in your software.